- Abandoned vehicles will be towed
- All dogs must be on a leash that is 5-feet long or less
- Fishing is allowed in designated areas in accordance with State of Texas laws and regulations
- Horses are allowed in designated equestrian areas
- Open flames are allowed in BBQ pits and camp stoves
- Plant and wildlife protected
View the Complete County Park Rules (PDF).
- Alcoholic beverages except in compliance with rental agreements in designated facilities
- Operation of model remote-control aircraft or drone
- Animals other than dog or domestic cat
- Dumping and littering
- Fireworks and weapons
- Glass containers
- Metal detectors
- Motorized vehicles off pavement
- Off-road vehicles
- Solicitation and sale of goods and services or seeking donations for a cause
- Special events without prior approval from Superintendent, security and liability insurance
- Use of loud speakers
- Portable play equipment, such as moonwalks, are permitted only within certain rental facilities and require an approval process through the Parks Department
Dog Park Rules
- Use at your own risk. Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- All dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations as required by the Harris County Public Health Department and should be healthy and free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dogs must wear current license tags in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a copy of their dog's rabies vaccination certificate while in the dog park.
- Never leave dog(s) unattended.
- Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handlers at all times.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a leash with them at all times while in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dogs waste.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- All dogs must be under the control of someone who is at least 16 years of age.
- There is a limit of two dogs per adult in the dog park at any time.
- No food or drink (dog or human) is allowed in the dog park.
- No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, or any motorized vehicles.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times!
For more information, contact the Parks Department at 713-274-7275.