- Neighborhood Services
- Community Centers & Community Programming Division
Community Centers & Community Programming Division
The Community Center Division consists of a Director, Assistant Directors, Systems Manager, Community Center Managers, Coordinators, Specialists, and Part-Time Summer Day Camp Staff. Together our teams manage the community center operations, call center operations and community programming at Precinct 2 Community Centers, Precinct 2 Parks, and other locations across the Precinct. Our team works diligently to engage, educate & empower the communities within Precinct 2.
We pledge to provide safe and accessible community center facilities, trusted customer service, recreational programming, and community events that will enhance the health and quality of life of our citizens and visitors; enrich the community and environment by conserving, protecting, and enhancing our cultural, historical, archaeological, and natural resources; and attract quality growth and economic development.
By providing the community with safe and accessible community center facilities, trusted customer service, recreational programming, and community events the Harris County Precinct 2 Community Center Division strives to empower residents to create lasting positive change in their communities.
Harris County Precinct 2 maintains and operates 15+ community centers. We serve diverse cultures, diverse generations, and diverse needs. These centers give residents a place to gather for fun and to learn, grow and foster life-long friendships. We have special events aimed at people of all ages and offer engaging activities designed to keep everyone from our youth to our seniors active in the community.
The Harris County Precinct 2 Call Center offers constituents quick and easy customer service. By calling 713-274-2222 you’ll reach a Call Center Operator to answer your questions, assist with program registration, or connect you to the various services and departments within Precinct 2. Our call center operators can be reached by phone or online chat Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
The Community Center Division offers daily programming for residents of all ages in partnership with Precinct2gether, community partners, recreational contractors, and civic organizations.
- Art Programs: Cultural, Fine, Performing & Martial Arts
- After School Programs
- Beat the Heat Program in partnership with Reliant
- Early Childhood Programs
- Entertainment: Concerts & Movies in the Park
- Environmental Programs in Partnership with Galveston Bay Foundation
- Financial Literacy Programs
- Head Start in partnership with Harris County Department of Education
- Homeownership Programs
- Literacy Programs in partnership with Harris County Public Library, Books Between Kids & Imagination Library
- Mountain Biking
- Outdoors: Archery, Fishing & Kayaking in partnership with Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Senior Programs
- Summer Day Camp Programs in partnership with Harris County Community Services Department
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Programs
- Veterans Services
To register for any of our programs visit our online catalog. Need help registering? Visit one of our community centers or call our Precinct 2 Call Center at 713-274-2222.